In Minecraft, exploring the Nether and the underground can be hazardous to your health. The never-ending lava and fire lakes, as well as fireball attacks, can take down even the most stalwart adventurer and cut your exploration time in half.
Fortunately, there is a way to protect yourself from these flaming hazards, and it comes in the form of a convenient glass bottle.
Learn how to make fire resistance potions for your next trip into the fiery depths of the Nether, as well as how to use the ones you already have.
Making a Brewing Stand in Minecraft
You’ll need a way to put together a potion to protect yourself from fire, just like any good chemist. In the world of Minecraft, this entails constructing a brewing stand.
If you already have access to a brewing stand, proceed to the section on How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft. If you still need to put together a brewing stand, follow the steps below to get started:
Ingredients Required for a Brewing Stand:
- three cobblestones
- 1 flaming rod (obtained by killing a Blaze).
It’s now time to build a brewing stand.
- Navigate to the crafting interface.
- Insert the Blaze rod into the upper middle square.
- Place three cobblestones in a straight line beneath it, one per square.
- Make the stand.
In Minecraft, how do you make a fire resistance potion?
It’s time to make a Fire Resistance potion, so get your Brewing Stand ready.
- Fire-Resistant Ingredients Required:
- The Magma Cream
- The Nether Wart
- A potion bottle containing water
- Use blaze powder to light the brewing stand.
Let’s get started on the potion now that we have all of the ingredients:
- Make a glass bottle out of glass and fill it with water (use it on a water source block).
- Launch the brewing stand interface and fill it with Blaze powder.
- Place a Water Bottle in one of the three lower boxes (or all three, depending on the number of potions you want to make).
- Fill in the upper middle box with a Nether Wart. The water bottle becomes an Awkward Potion after brewing this combination.
- Place Magma Cream in the upper-middle slot where you previously placed the Nether Wart and brew. You should now have a fire-resistance potion in your inventory.
Awkward Potion is created by combining a Nether wart and a glass bottle. Don’t be concerned. That’s what’s supposed to happen. Continue by replacing the Nether Wart in the brewing station with Magma Cream. This is the secret ingredient that provides three minutes of fire resistance.
Fire resistance potions can also be obtained from witches throughout the world. Alternatively, you could barter for fire resistance potions in exchange for gold ingots.
This recipe works the same in all versions of Minecraft, including Bedrock and Java editions.
How to Extend the Life of a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
After making your fire resistance potion, you may have realized that you require it to last longer than the 3 minutes it naturally provides. Don’t be concerned; there is a way to increase that time to 8 minutes.
- First, check to see if you have enough Blaze Powder in your Brewing Stand. If not, put some more in the left-hand slot.
- Then, in the lower slots, place your Fire Resistance Potion (or Potions).
- Put one Redstone Dust in the top slot and wait for it to finish brewing.
- Hover your mouse cursor over Fire Resistance to see the new duration.
If you made three potions at once, you now have a full 24 minutes of Fire Resistance instead of the original 9 minutes.
How to Make a Minecraft Fire Resistance Splash Potion
Gather your ingredients because it’s time to make a fire resistance potion with a splash. You’ll need one gunpowder and one fire resistance potion per bottle of fire resistance splash potion for this recipe.
Once you have all of the ingredients, interact with the brewing stand to open the interface and proceed as follows to make the potion:
- Place the fire resistance potion in one of the three horizontal boxes at the bottom.
- Fill the upper-middle slot with gunpowder.
- Allow it to brew before drinking the new potion.
To brew any potion, simply place Blaze powder in the slot in the upper left corner of the interface. However, blaze powder lasts for multiple brewing sessions, so keep an eye on it and always have another on hand.
In Minecraft, How to Use a Fire Resistance Potion
If the fires around you are getting too hot, the simplest solution is to use a fire resistance potion. Simply equip it and then press your platform’s “use item” button. The “use item” button varies depending on the platform you’re using:
- Left trigger on Xbox
L2 button on the PlayStation
- Windows 10 and Java Editions – Right-click the mouse
- Pocket Edition (PE) – Button with a fish icon
When you correctly consume the potion, you will see a brief drinking animation. You gain temporary immunity to all forms of fire-based damage, including lava, after the animation.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
Continue reading if we didn’t answer all of your questions about Fire Resistance Potions above.
In Minecraft, you can make a variety of potions, not all of which are beneficial.
Among the most popular “positive effect” potions are:
• Ghast Tear + Awkward Potion for Regeneration
• Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon Slice for Healing
• Invisibility – Fermented Spider Eye + Night Vision Potion
• Pufferfish + Awkward Potion for Water Breathing
Minecraft also has negative potions such as:
• Harmful – Fermented Spider Eye + Healing Potion + Poison Potion
• Flaws: Fermented Spider Eye and Awkward Potion
You can also create potions to counteract negative effects:
• Silver Antidote + Awkward Potion (poison cure)
• Calcium Eye Drops + Awkward Potion (blindness cure)
• Bismuth Tonic + Awkward Potion (nausea cure)
The fire resistance potion protects the player from all fire-related damage, including natural fire hazards and enemies wielding fire elemental weapons. The standard potion lasts three minutes, but you can extend the timer to eight minutes by adding Redstone Dust to a regular potion of fire resistance.
Netherite is fireproof and floats or bounces on lava lakes. Wearing Netherite armor, on the other hand, is a different story. It does not provide the player with fire resistance or immunity to fire damage. Wearing Netherite armor may negate some fire damage, but this is true of any armor you wear versus wearing no armor at all.
Yes, after taking a fire resistance potion, you can swim in lava like you would in water.
Don’t let a little heat keep you from having fun.
The more you play Minecraft, the more you’ll notice that fire is a significant hazard. You’ll also need a way to protect yourself from fire damage or you won’t make it very far.
Make a habit of brewing fire resistance potions whenever you’re near a brewing stand, and keep them in your inventory at all times. You never know when you’ll be called out.
How many fire resistance potions do you usually keep in your inventory? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.