The rewards for reaching a higher level are mostly cosmetic, and there are no real benefits to reaching a higher level other than bragging rights. Leveling up, on the other hand, is the obvious way to customize your profile page.
In this article, we will demonstrate how to obtain free Steam levels.
What Is the Use of Steam Levels?
A newly created Steam Account has few options for profile customization. However, as you progress through the levels, a plethora of new options become available to you. Higher levels enable you to add windows to display your achievements, expand your maximum friend list, and even change the profile backgrounds.
So, how do I get more steam?
Earning XP points raises your Steam level. For the first 10 levels, it takes 100XP points to advance, with 100XP increasing every 10 levels. For example, at level 10, you’ll need 200XP to advance to level 11, and at level 20, you’ll need 300XP to advance to level 21, and so on. XP points are primarily earned by crafting badges, but they can also be increased by participating in events and purchasing games.
Keep in mind that limited accounts will not earn XP and will remain at Level 0. To remove the account limit, you must have spent or have a Steam Wallet credit of at least $5.
Earning Badges to Level Up
Earning badges is the quickest way to level up your Steam account. Badges are rewards for actions in the game such as completing a card set or attending events. Some of the free badges available to Steam users are listed below:
- Community Badges – Community badges are awarded for completing simple tasks on Steam. This could be anything from playing a game to adding a friend to posting screenshots. None of the tasks require you to spend money, and even the Play a game task can be completed by playing one of the platform’s numerous free games. It has three levels: the first is worth 100XP, the second is worth 200XP, and the third is worth 500XP.
- Game Collector Badges – While this badge requires you to have games registered to your account, it does not require you to purchase those games. Free games obtained through events or giveaways count toward the Game Collector Badge. The first level badge is worth 100XP for completing one game and increases in XP value as you progress.
- Years of Service badge – This badge is awarded each year on the anniversary of the creation of your account. The first badge is worth 50XP and is awarded a year after you create your account. Each year after that, the XP value increases.
- Event Badges – Steam frequently holds events for its community members, and completing some of these events may also earn you badges. The XP value for these badges may vary, but the standard value is 100XP.
- The Steam Awards Badge – In recent years, Steam has held an annual community poll to determine the best games released that year in various categories. You do not have to own the game in order to vote for it. The Steam Awards first took place in 2016 and have been held annually since then. Nominations are usually made during the Fall sale, and the winners are chosen during the Winter sale.
- Steam Card Collection badges – When you play most games on the Steam Platform, you will receive Steam Trading Cards. Collecting a complete set of these cards allows you to make a badge for that game. Even free games can drop cards, and many free games are eligible as well. Go to a game’s store page and scroll down to see its stats to see if it has steam cards.
The Steam Event
Participating in the Steam Sale is another quick way to level up your badge. You are not required to purchase games during the sale if doing so would raise your level as well. All you have to do is take part in the free events that Steam usually hosts around the holidays.
The biggest sales occur in the summer and winter, but a sale will usually occur every three months or when there is a major holiday. The Black Friday sale, which usually lasts only a day or two, is an example of this. If an event occurs during a sale, a banner for the event will appear on the front page.
Valve’s method of encouraging participation among its user community is to tie customization to the Steam Leveling System. Its numerous events not only promote the storefront, but also allow its members to display their love for the platform through their profiles.
Do you know of any other methods for obtaining free Steam levels? Please share your thoughts in the section below.