Steam’s vast popularity, combined with its extensive catalog of games, makes it a magnet for gamers everywhere, with over 120 million active users. Not only that, but Steam also provides a variety of other services, such as video streaming, server hosting, and cloud storage, to name a few.
If you’re a member of the Steam community, you’re aware that many access and security issues can arise. Once a Steam account has been VAC (valve anti-cheat) banned, it is permanently and irreversible with Steam support.
However, there is a simple way to avoid bans. This article will highlight the best ways to avoid a Steam ban, as well as what to do if you’ve already been banned.
Continue reading to learn more.
How to Get Around a Steam Ban
If you want to get around a Steam ban, you should think about using a VPN (virtual private network). There are numerous reasons why people use VPNs. They primarily help users overcome issues with security, speed, and geo-restrictions. This includes avoiding any potential bans.
Before we get into how to use a VPN to bypass Steam bans, it’s important to note that Valve (the company behind Steam) does not generally support the use of VPNs. This is especially true if users purchase games or in-game items that are not available in their country, or if they cause harm or damage to others.
VPNs, on the other hand, can be useful in some situations. For example, to circumvent security restrictions or to change your geolocation in order to play pre-purchased games that may not be available in your country.
Assume you’re trying to access Steam from your college server (in your spare time, of course) and discover that Steam is blocked. You can avoid this problem by using a VPN.
ExpressVPN is one VPN service that you can use. ExpressVPN, as the name implies, is a lightning-fast system that is ideal for gaming.
From a computer:
1. Go to ExpressVPN and sign up if you haven’t already, or log in if you have.
2. To get the correct ExpressVPN for your operating system, click the “Download” button.
3. You will receive an email. To automatically load the app, open this and click on the link.
4. To finish the installation, follow the in-app instructions.
5. Click the button to the right of your server to connect to it.
When the “Connected” message appears, you are free to begin browsing the web without interruption.
Steam should now be available to you.
Using an iOS device:
1. If you haven’t already, go to ExpressVPN in Safari (or your preferred browser) and sign up.
2. Go to the App Store and get the ExpressVPN app.
3.After downloading the app, follow the in-app setup instructions.
4. When you’re finished configuring, press the “On” button.
5. By pressing the button next to “On,” you can select your server location.
6. Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your iPhone.
7. Select “General,” then “VPN.”
8. Select “Add VPN Configuration” and then your VPN type.
From a smartphone android:
1.Sign up for ExpressVPN on your Android device using your preferred browser.
2. Download the ExpressVPN app from the Google Play Store.
3. When the download is finished, finish the setup by following the app’s instructions.
4. Tap “On,” then navigate to the other button on the screen to select your server location.
5. Go to “Settings,” then “Network & Internet Advanced” on your Android device.
6. Select “VPN.”
7. Enter your ExpressVPN login information, then click “Select.”
8. Your device’s VPN connection has now been established.
After you’ve logged in,
1.Sign in to your Steam account and then select “Account Details.”
2. Select the country to which you have changed your IP address by clicking “Update Store Country.”
3. Restart Steam. You may be prompted to log back in after doing so.
4. The server should now function normally, with no bans or restrictions.
If you’ve already been banned from Steam, you can simply create a new account to avoid the ban. Simply follow these steps:
1.Log out of your suspended account.
2. Register for Steam with a new email address.
3. Log in, then select the game you want to play and click “Request to Play.”
4. Sign out and re-enter your banned account. 5.
5. Choose “Steam.”
6. Navigate to “Settings” and then “Family.”
7. Tick the box next to your name and then click “Authorize This Computer.”
8.Return to the other account and begin playing!
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the Distinction Between a VAC and a Server Ban?
A server ban is usually not as severe as a VAC ban. Server bans are implemented by individual servers, which have the option to ban players for any reason. VAC bans, on the other hand, prevent users from playing games on any secured servers on the Steam platform.
Can I Play on Insecure Servers if I’m VAC Banned?
Yes, if the game you want to play allows you to play on insecure servers. It should be noted, however, that this feature is not available in all Steam games.
Is it possible to get your Steam account unbanned?
No. Unfortunately, if you have a VAC ban, you cannot appeal the decision. If you believe your account was wrongfully banned, you can contact the Steam support team to open an investigation. If the ban is found to have been issued incorrectly, it will be automatically revoked.
Which games give users a VAC ban if they are caught cheating?
If a player is caught cheating, a VAC ban is imposed on all games on this list:
• Counterattack: Source
• Source: Day of Defeat
• Classic Deathmatch
• Death Match in Half-Life 2
• Team Fortress 2 (video game)
• The ricochet
• The Day of Defeat
• Team Fortress 2: Classic Edition
Allow the Games to Begin
Playing online games should be enjoyable. The last thing you want is to be limited in your playing time due to the threat of a ban.
Fortunately, by following the steps outlined above, you can avoid any future Steam bans.
However, if you are banned from Steam, you should consider why you were banned in the first place. If it was for cheating or causing harm to other players, make sure you don’t make the same mistakes when you regain access to Steam.
Have you ever tried to get around a Steam ban? If so, how did you fare? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.