Apex Legends Season 10 is in full swing, and millions of players from all over the world are taking part. To ensure a seamless experience for such a diverse player base, the game offers a wide range of languages to choose from. But how do you change your Apex Legends language?
This article will walk you through the process of changing the language in Apex Legends. We’ll also demonstrate how to do it on all major devices, which will help you improve your cross-platform gaming sessions.
How to Change Apex Legends’ Language on a PC
The majority of Apex Legends players use their PC, either through Steam or Origin. This section will walk you through the process of changing your language in Origin. What you must do is as follows:
- Launch Origin and navigate to the Apex Legends section of the Library.
- To access the settings, click the game and then press the gear symbol.
- Go to the section “Advanced Launch Options.”
- Choose your preferred language, and you’re done.
On a PlayStation, how do you change the language in Apex Legends?
Changing the language in Apex Legends on the PlayStation is simple.
- Start Apex Legends.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- In this window, you will be able to change your language.
- Return to your game after selecting the desired language.
On an Xbox, how do you change the language in Apex Legends?
Changing the language on an Xbox is similar to the process described above for the PlayStation. Take the following steps to accomplish this:
- Launch Apex Legends.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Locate the language change option and select from English, French, German, Japanese, and eight other languages.
On a Nintendo Switch, how do you change the language in Apex Legends?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to change the language of Apex Legends on Nintendo Switch. Instead, change the language of your console, and the change should be reflected in your game.
To change the language on your Nintendo Switch, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Home Menu.
- Select “System Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Move your cursor to the left side of the screen.
- Navigate to the “System” window.
- Click the “Language” button on the right side of your screen.
- Select from English, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, and 12 other languages.
- Reboot your Nintendo Switch, and Apex Legends should now be available in your preferred language.
How to Change Apex Legends’ Language on Steam
Another launcher you can use to play Apex Legends on PC is Steam. The platform, like Origin, allows you to select your game language:
- Launch Steam and look for Apex Legends in the Library.
- Right-click on the game and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “Language” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select your preferred language and restart Apex Legends with it installed.
You can also change your language using another method. Remember that it’s a little more complicated:
- Launch Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Locate Apex Legends and right-click it. Select the “Properties” tab.
- Go to the “Launch Options” section and scroll to the bottom of the box.
- Change the final word of the line denoting the current language (e.g., Japanese or Italian) to your preferred language.
- Exit the window and relaunch Apex Legends.
If the game continues to use the same language after updating your language pack, you must delete or rename the following files:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Navigate to Apex Legends and right-click it.
- Select “Manage,” followed by “Browse Local Files.”
- Navigate to the “Audio” and then the “Ship” folders.
- This window should contain a number of languages. To get rid of them, select them and press the “Delete” button in the upper right corner of the menu. Rename them to something Apex Legends will not recognize. The game will be forced to use your preferred language this way.
- Return to Steam’s main menu and launch Apex Legends.
Changing your language in Apex Legends isn’t just for PCs and consoles. You can also do it on your mobile phone. Here’s how it’s done:
Launch Apex Legends on your mobile device.
Go to the Settings menu.
Select “Language Options.”
Select a language and press the “OK” button.
Restart the app to make the changes take effect.
Bridging the Apex Legends Language Gap
The game’s language was once an impassable barrier in Apex Legends, but that is no longer the case. You can select your preferred language in seconds whether you’re playing the shooter on your PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, or smartphone. As a result, the gaming experience will be much more enjoyable, and the interface will be much more user-friendly.
In Apex Legends, what language do you use? Do you own the PC or console versions? Have you tried any other language-changing methods? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.