Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), as one of the most difficult MMORPGs, is best played with a group of friends. However, it is most enjoyable when played with friends.
The game also allows you to easily add your friends, regardless of the device you use to access the game. You’re always just a few clicks away from forming a team to take on the epic adventures, whether on PC or console.
This article outlines the steps you must take. It also includes some pointers on how to make the most of the game’s multiplayer mode.
Online Elder Scrolls How to Play With Your Friends on a Computer
You must use the same Megaserver as your friends before they can join the game. It doesn’t matter whether it’s EU or NA, as long as you’re both on the same page. Then proceed as follows:
- Begin the game by pressing “O” to access Contacts.
- To begin adding names, press “E.” You can use either the character name or the user ID. If you’re using an ID, start with @ and then the ID — for example, @eldersmaster.
- Send the request by pressing the “F” key.
- You’re ready to go once your friend confirms the request.
On a PS4, how do you play Elder Scrolls Online with friends?
Playing ESO on consoles is just as enjoyable, and here’s how to add friends via PS4. However, keep in mind that you must both be on the same server.
- Within the game, navigate to the “Group” option, then select the “Guild” menu.
- Select “Add Friend.”
- Use PlayStation Network Friends to send a friend request.
You can also add friends from the radial menu. Here’s what you should do:
- Approach a character and click the “Options” button.
- Use the left joystick stick to navigate through the menu.
- When you reach the “Add as Friend” option, select it and confirm it.
On an Xbox, how do you play Elder Scrolls Online with friends?
You will need the assistance of your friends to complete the Veteran Dungeons and 12 Player Trials quests. The steps for adding friends on Xbox are the same as they are for PS4. However, it won’t hurt to go over them again.
- Start the game and navigate to the “Group” and “Guild” menus.
- Click “Add Friend” to open the Xbox One Friends List.
- Select a friend from the list and invite them.
- Approach a character in-game, then press “Options.”
- Scroll through the menu using the left navigation button.
- Click “Add as Friend,” then confirm your choice.
When adding friends through the console, they must also be on the same Megaserver as you. You won’t be able to see your friends on the list otherwise.
Elder Scrolls Online – Multiplayer Tips and Tricks
You may choose not to add friends depending on your skill level and in-game experience.
Going it alone in ESO has some advantages. For example, if you’re new to Elder Scrolls, you might want to explore the game on your own. It allows you to get a feel for it without slowing down your team. Wrothgar, on the other hand, is best played with one or two friends.
It’s also worth noting that you can’t check out other players in Elder Scrolls Online. Yes, it is unique in that regard, and there is no way to conceal players.
It is possible that you will be unable to locate your friend in the game, even if you are on the same Megaserver. If this is the case, proceed as follows:
- Make sure you and your friend are in the same group.
- Go to the social list and select the group.
- Select the friend’s username and go to that person.
- The game transports you to the nearest Wayshrine, where your friend should be listed.
Tips for Multiplayer
Complete the Quests
It is critical to complete all quests in Elder Scrolls Online. Alternatively, try not to skip too many of them.
The game is not like Skyrim, where you can roam the virtual world and face challenges appropriate to your level. The same is true for local quests.
Leaving a quest or an area means you’ll have to spend gold or waste time to return.
Elder Scrolls Online is one of the most difficult MMORPGs, with many new players being wiped out in the tutorial. To progress in the game, you must level up and collect great gear. As a result, it’s critical to complete the quests appropriate for your level before progressing.
Don’t Put Off Upgrading Abilities!
You must immediately upgrade your abilities after leveling up. The same is true for your friends.
The next quest you face could be quite difficult. You might not be able to finish it without the upgrades.
Follow the Narrative
You may not want to listen to an entire quest dialogue, which is understandable. But be prepared to be punished for it.
A character in the early quests, for example, will ask you to name something. If you can’t remember the character’s name, he or she will refuse to assist you. You will still be able to finish the quest. However, with some assistance, it will be much easier.
Not only that, but some quests are fascinating if you have the patience to sit through all of the dialogues and narrative. It is not always necessary to power-level your way through the game.
Don’t Expect to Archer Your Way Through a Quest
When playing alone, hiding in the shadows and shooting enemies may be effective. However, the archery is less effective in multiplayer mode. The arrow range is limited, and hitting the target exposes you, making you more vulnerable.
Having said that, the archery strategy may be effective for some teams. It may deal enough damage before the enemy charges you with their weapon. Even so, there are far superior ways to progress through the game.
As a result, it’s best to trade the bow for magic, a sword, an ax, or something else.
Entering the Quests
According to some estimates, completing all of the quests in Elder Scrolls Online will take more than 200 hours. With a few friends by your side, you may be able to complete the task much faster. And teaming up will undoubtedly help you level up faster.
Do you prefer to play ESO solo or with friends? Please share your experience in the comments section below.