WhatsApp now has over 1 billion users, who use it to transmit messages, images, videos, locations, and other items to their connections.
People are looking for solutions to block WhatsApp from saving photos to the gallery as they get photos from their contacts via the WhatsApp app from the Play Store.
When you hand up your phone to someone, there may be private or other personal images on it that you do not want others to see.
Stopping WhatsApp from auto-downloading photographs and videos is one option, but it will still remain in the Gallery when a user views it on WhatsApp.
Prevent WhatsApp Media From Saving To Camera Roll
On iPhone (Video)
1. In WhatsApp, tap on Settings.
2. Now tap on the Chats option and look for the Save to Camera Roll feature.
You may even hide WhatsApp photographs from the Gallery or Camera Roll in Android and iPhone to avoid this.
3. To turn off the setting, press the toggle button.
This will prevent all of the photographs from appearing on your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
On the Android platform (Video)
Follow the steps below after updating the WhatsApp app from the Play Store.
You have the option of changing the default settings for all of your WhatsApp chats or setting unique settings for each chat.
Default Settings Should Be Changed
1. Select Settings from the three dots in WhatsApp.
2. Select Chats from the Settings menu.
3. You should see a setting called Media Visibility here.
This is turned on by default, but you can turn it off if you want.
All received media from all Chats will now be stored exclusively in WhatsApp and will not appear in your phone’s Gallery.
The photographs and videos you received before the setting was enabled will still be there, but only the newly downloaded media will be affected.
The option to configure the parameter on a chat-by-chat basis is also available.
Individual chats can be made visible to the media.
For all chats, the setting you choose above becomes the default.
There are, however, always exceptions.
In your Gallery, you can choose to show media from specific contacts, or vice versa.
That is something you can accomplish as well.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Select the appropriate contact or group’s discussion in WhatsApp.
2. To go to the Contact/Group Info screen, tap on the name at the top.
3. Select Media Visibility from the drop-down menu.
4. To save your changes, select the desired option and press OK.
5. You may do the same thing with other contacts.
On WhatsApp, we receive a variety of photographs and movies that do not belong in our phone’s Gallery and should not be seen by everyone.
You can take advantage of the Media Visibility function to take care of this.
Stop WhatsApp from automatically saving media files.
As previously discussed, WhatsApp also allows you to disable the automatic storing of photographs and videos.
If you are unfamiliar with this setting, we have provided instructions on how to prevent WhatsApp from automatically downloading photographs, videos, and other files.
for Android and iPhone, as well as other file types
On the Android platform,
Go to Settings in WhatsApp.
1. After that, select Storage and Data.
2. Under the Media Auto-Download area, you’ll discover the following options:
4. When utilizing data on a mobile device,
5. When you’re connected to the internet via Wi-Fi,
When you’re out and about.
You can choose different settings for each of them individually.
Let’s start with When using mobile data.
Apart from Photos, uncheck all the other options.
To save the changes, press OK.
It’s entirely up to you what kind of media you wish to download automatically.
You can customize the parameters to suit your needs.
You can also disable auto-saving when connected to Wi-Fi and when travelling.
On the iPhone,
1. Go to the Settings option in WhatsApp’s bottom right corner.
2. Select Storage and Data from the drop-down menu.
3. You can configure options for different sorts of media under the Media Auto-Download section, such as photos, audio, videos, and documents.
Let’s start with Photos for the purposes of this tutorial.
4. To turn off the auto-download, select Never.
Other file types can be treated in the same way.
The next time you receive a photo or video, you won’t be able to download it until you tap on it to start the process.