Some Xiaomi phones include pop-up ads and spam notifications that degrade the user experience. Here’s how to turn off ads on your Xiaomi device.
You know you’re getting the best features in your low-cost Xiaomi phone. However, you are aware that this smartphone experience and the custom MIUI software are laden with bloatware and unwanted advertisements.
This tutorial is for you if you’ve been wondering how to get rid of those annoying ads that pop up everywhere. To enjoy an ad-free experience on your Xiaomi phone, follow a few simple steps and make a few changes to a few settings in MIUI 12.
By revoking MSA authorization, you can disable advertisements.
MSA (MIUI System Ads) is a service that displays advertisements on MIUI’s default apps. The first step is to disable MSA ads by revoking their authorization.
Because MSA is a System app, it will not appear on the Home Screen. So here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to Settings > Passwords and security.
- Select Authorization and revocation.
- Scroll down to msa and uncheck the box next to it.
- After 10 seconds, a “Revoking authorization” alert will appear on the screen, followed by the Revoke option. To disable MSA apps, click Revoke. After revoking MSA authorization, the number of ads will significantly decrease.
Turn off ads in the GetApps Store.
GetApps is Xiaomi’s app store, which contains a plethora of useful apps for Android devices. To avoid seeing advertisements in games and apps from this app store, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Passwords and security > Authorization and revocation.
- Scroll down to GetApps and deactivate the button next to it.
- Wait for the Revoke button to appear in the “Revoke authorization” screen for 10 seconds.
- To disable ads, tap Revoke.
Ad Services can be used to disable personalized ads.
Xiaomi phones also provide targeted advertisements in the form of personalized recommendations. You can easily get rid of them by disabling Ad Services:
- Navigate to Settings and then to Passwords & security.
- Select Privacy.
- Scroll down and click on Ad services.
- Disable personalized ad suggestions.
Ads in pre-installed apps can be turned off.
It is not sufficient to simply disable ads in MSA and Ad Services. You must also disable advertisements from specific apps that come pre-installed on your Xiaomi phone.
Turn Off Ads in the Music App
The Music app has a lot of features, but it also has a lot of ads and personalized recommendations when you launch it. Follow the steps below to turn off ads so you can enjoy the Music app without interruption:
- On the top left corner of the Music app home screen, tap the Menu icon.
- Select Settings > Advanced Options.
- Toggle off the buttons next to Show ads and Show online recommendations on startup on the page that appears.
- Also, deactivate Personalized recommendations.
Remove Advertisements from the Security App
To disable ads in the Security app, simply follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to Security and then Settings.
2. Scroll down to Receive recommendations and deactivate the toggle next to it.
3. Scroll up and select Cleaner.
4. Toggle off Receive recommendations in the Cleaner settings.
Turn Off Ads in the Themes App
The Themes app has a lot of cool wallpapers and themes, but it also shows recommendations from time to time. To remove ads from the Themes app, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Profile > Settings in Themes.
- Turn off Show advertisements.
- Disable Personalized recommendations.
Disable MI File Manager Ads
Ads appear in the essential File Manager app, which can be annoying. To disable these ads, follow the steps below:
- Launch MI File Manager.
- On the top left of the screen, tap the three lines menu icon.
- Navigate to Settings > About.
- Disable Recommendations.
Turn off Ads in the Downloads App
The Downloads app will occasionally display recommended content. Here’s how to turn it off:
1. Start the Downloads app.
2. Select Settings from the three-dot menu.
3. Turn off the Show recommended content option.
4. If you want to disable recommended sources, you’ll be asked to confirm. Simply press the OK button.
Disable Unwanted App Notifications
If you’re bothered by unwanted notifications from a previously installed app, you can easily disable them as well.
1. Navigate to the Settings menu.
2. Scroll down and tap Notifications & Control Center.
3. When you select App notifications, the Notifications screen will appear.
4. Simply turn off notifications for whichever apps you want.
Take Advantage of an Ad-Free Experience on Your Xiaomi Phone
You rely on your Xiaomi phone for so many things every day. So nothing should stand in your way of having a smooth and seamless experience on your device.
And now you know how simple it is to get rid of those pesky MIUI ads. So go ahead and enjoy an ad-free phone experience.
MIUI has long been chastised for having an excessive number of advertisements. MIUI 13, the most recent version based on Android 12, still includes advertisements. However, the company has decided to reduce the number of advertisements, and the new experience should be much cleaner.
While it is uncommon, some Xiaomi devices are shipped without MIUI. The most notable Android Onse devices are the Xiaomi Mi A1, A2, and A3. Furthermore, the Black Shark sub-brand sells phones with no MIUI skins.
The majority of ad-supported apps are those built into Xiaomi’s software. We can see why you’d want to get rid of them. Unfortunately, you cannot uninstall Xiaomi apps, but you can disable them.