This guide can help people who are having trouble with the gravestone mystery quest in Sonic Frontiers.
The mandatory “Grave Mystery” puzzle will eventually be encountered by Sonic Frontiers players traversing Kronos Island, the game’s initial open zone. Sonic must rotate certain black tombstones in a field of tombstones so that the lights are in the correct position. The marks on the ground can help players figure out how the design is supposed to look, but this guide will provide precise instructions on how to solve the tombstone puzzle in Sonic Frontiers’ Grave Mystery mode.
A Solution to a Mortal Riddle
Players of Sonic Frontiers will be able to rotate the four black tombstones without having to physically approach them. The quest will begin once players interact with the grave next to them.
There are four rotatable tombstones, and we have marked the image below with four circles numbered from 1 to 4 in a clockwise direction. The southernmost tombstone is numbered 1, the leftmost tombstone is numbered 2, the northernmost tomb is numbered 3, and the rightmost tombstone is numbered 4.
Here are the steps required to solve the ‘A Grave Mystery’ puzzle (be sure to refer to the image):
- Take control of the second grave and direct its energy beam at the grave facing northwest to illuminate a path.
- Take control of tomb #4 and direct its light to the grave to the grave’s southwest to create an alternate path.
- Travel to tomb number three and aim its beam at the grave to the south-southwest. This will generate an additional light path that follows the ground markings.
- Take control of #1 and direct it towards the tomb in the south to create a second path of light.
- Regain control of #2 and return it to the position established in step 1. This is the northwest tomb.
- Use control number four to direct the light to the southwest grave. This is the final step, and once completed, the puzzle will take the form of some sort of ship.
That concludes the solution to the Grave Mystery puzzle in Sonic Frontiers. After completing it, players will finally face Titan and transform into Super Sonic for the first time.
Sonic Frontiers is playable on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox One X/S.