Many people who create a Roblox account never spend much time thinking about a username. Some people do it simply to experiment, while others are too excited to begin creating or playing games to care.
Knowing how to change your Roblox username is useful information to have. If your old one is no longer adequate for whatever reason, We’ll walk you through every step of the process, regardless of the platform you’re using.
How to Change Your Roblox Username on a Windows or Mac Computer
Changing your username on a computer is the same whether you are using Windows or macOS. Because your username is linked to your account, you must go to the Roblox website to change it. It makes no difference which browser you use as long as you can access the Roblox website. The following are the steps for changing your username:
- Go to the Roblox website and sign in to your account.
- In the upper right corner of your browser screen, click the gear icon. This will bring up the Settings menu.
- Select Settings.
- Verify that you are in the Account Info tab. If not, go to the Account Info menu on the left. To the right of your username, click the edit button.
- In the resulting window, type in your new desired username and then your Roblox password.
- Keep in mind that changing your username will cost you 1,000 Robux. If you have the necessary funds, click Buy. Your username has been changed. You are now free to exit this window.
How to Change Your Roblox Username on an Android Device
The instructions for changing your Roblox mobile username are very similar. Account registrations aren’t really platform-dependent, so the process is very similar. To change your Android device’s username, do the following:
- Launch the Roblox App on your smartphone.
- Access your account.
- In the bottom right corner of your screen, tap the Settings icon. The icon resembles three dots within a circle.
- Scroll down until you see Settings in the menus. A large gear would be its symbol. Tap it to activate it.
- Select Account Info from the resulting menus.
- Click the edit icon to the right of your username.
- Type in your new desired username, followed by your Roblox password.
- Just like in the PC version, you must pay 1,000 Robux to change your name. Tap Buy if you have the necessary funds.
- Your username should now be different. You can leave this screen now.
How to Change Your Roblox Username on an iPhone
Roblox’s mobile version is similar for both the iPhone and Android. Changing your username follows a similar procedure. If you want to change your username, follow the steps outlined above for the Android version of the app.
How to Change Your Roblox Username on an Xbox One
You’ll also need to access your account if you’re using the console version of Roblox to change your username. The procedure is very similar to that of the other platforms, with only minor differences. The steps are as follows:
- Launch the Roblox app on your Xbox One.
- Log in now if you haven’t already. When you launch the program, you’ll notice two buttons. One uses your Gamertag to sign in, while the other uses your username. Please keep in mind that if you’re using your Xbox Gamertag as your name, you’ll need to change the Gamertag as well if you want the username to change. This is done via the Microsoft website, not Roblox. Enter your username and password to log in.
- You must open the Settings window. Move your cursor to the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen to do so.
- Select and click Settings.
- Access Account Information.
- Select the edit icon to the right of your current username.
- Enter your new preferred username, followed by your Roblox password.
- It costs 1,000 Robux to change your name. If you have that much money and want to proceed, click Buy.
- You should change your username. You are now free to leave this screen.
How to Change Your Roblox Username on a PS4
You can change your username in the PS4 version of Roblox in the same way that you can in the Xbox version, namely by opening the app or using the website. The PlayStation 4 includes a web browser that will suffice. If you want to use the web browser, launch it and enter Roblox. Follow the instructions in the above-mentioned PC version.
If you prefer to use the application, follow the instructions on the Xbox. The procedure is comparable.
Change Your Roblox Email Address Across All Platforms
Instead of changing your username, you can change your email address by following these steps.
- Follow the steps outlined above for your platform until you reach the Account Information window.
- Instead of tapping or clicking the edit button next to your username, tap or click Update email.
- In the pop-up window, enter your new email address and Roblox Password.
- Select or click Update Email.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. Open that message and follow the steps outlined in the email.
- Once you’ve confirmed your new email address, it should now be your default email address.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about changing Roblox usernames.
There are no obvious restrictions to name changes imposed by the Roblox developers. Although the payment requirement could be considered a restriction in and of itself. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when changing your username:
Although all of your old forum posts will remain, older posts will be tagged with your old username. However, your new username will be credited with the same number of posts as before.
When you change your username, your account’s creation date is not reset. Anyone who has earned the title of Veteran will keep it.
People who know you by your old username will still be able to find you. The name is tied to you, and even if you change your username, you will remain linked to it.
Reverting to an old username will necessitate another name change in order to receive the 1,000 Robux.
All new usernames are subject to the standard naming constraints, which are as follows:
a. Usernames should not contain offensive words or phrases.
b. Usernames must not infringe on trademarked brands or names.
c. Usernames cannot be entirely made up of numbers.
d. Spaces are not permitted in user names.
e. Only one underscore character is permitted.
f. The underscore cannot appear at the start or end of a username.
g. No more than 20 characters.
h. At least three characters are required.
i. Multiple usernames are not permitted. If you enter a name that is already in use, you will be prompted to try again.
j. No special characters are permitted.
k. Because all usernames remain associated with players, including banned players, banned names cannot be reused.
l. Any account registered or owned by a person under the age of 13 must not include any identifying information.
m. As previously stated, old usernames from other accounts have been locked and are no longer available.
n. You cannot use the name Robloxian followed by numbers unless you are using the mobile version.
If you’ve changed your username, go to your Profile or Account Settings page to see a list of all of your previous names.
Because name changes are a paid service, there is no limit to how frequently you can change your username. You can change your name as many times as you want as long as you have enough Robux. However, as previously stated, other users can still search for an old username of yours and obtain your new username.
A High Price
Whatever the reason, knowing how to change your Roblox username will come in handy if you ever need to do so. The cost may be high given that it is a simple name change, but having the option available is a good thing if you believe it is worthwhile.
Have you changed your Roblox username before? Did you have any difficulties editing it, or do you know of any other methods? Please share your thoughts in the section below.